Subscribe to Candid Magazine
The London Whisky Weekender
April 9, 2015
Looking for something interesting to do this weekend and want to avoid the hustle and bustle of East London’s market-laden streets, the overcrowded beer gardens and parks strewn with the rubbish of failed or forgotten silver tray BBQs? How about something slightly more refined – and a lot boozier?
The London Whisky Weekender returns to Oval Space this weekend (11th – 12th April) and promises ticketholders a world of discovery: from American bourbons to Japanese, Irish and Scotch whiskies and whiskeys – if don’t know the different you’ll find out this weekend!
This year there is a particular emphasis on craft distilleries, along with programmed tastings, guest appearances from distillers, whisky cocktails, street food and music. The roof terrace offers views over Bethnal Green but – more appealingly – will also house a series of Whisky Tasting Classes that will see whisky paired with Pull & Punch’s phenomenal pulled meat creations and Borough Ham & Cheese Company’s unique range of charcuterie and cheese.
Tickets cost £30-35 per session and are available along with more information about the weekend’s events here.
- Oval Space, 29-32 The Oval, London, E2 9DT
- Tickets per session cost £30 on a first release basis and £35 thereafter
- Tickets are available for the following three sessions:
- Saturday 11th April, 11am – 3pm, £35pp (£30 Early Bird)
- Saturday 11th April 4pm – 8pm, £35pp (£30 Early Bird)
- Sunday 12th April 12-5pm, £30pp (£25 Early Bird)
- Ticket price includes:
- Entry to chosen session
- Glencairn tasting glas
- A bottle of water (for obvious purposes)
- The Festival Guide
- All whiskies sampled in the main hall (not included ‘under the counter’ drams)
Vicky Ilankovan – Lifestyle Editor